4.21.2009

*craft cottage*

{oh how i love to get my e-mail updates from junior society....the updates are always something i enjoy reading but this time the update triggered my imagination...the title of the post was ode to treehouses...reading and looking through the e-mail/post...made my thoughts go back to that craft cottage that i have been dreaming about for a couple years now...a craft cottage that would be whimsical in looks, functional on the inside and would sit to the left of my enormous fig tree that attracks all the neighborhood birds...my own escape....a place where i would be able to craft my heart out...so after reading the js update...i tortured myself by googling cottages/backyard...my search came to this picture....it's called...three bears...}
{wow...it's like someone designed it just for me! the only thing i'm wondering is why it isn't in my backyard yet...} ;)

oh and here are a couple more i found in my search...
Link

2 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

ohhhh that IS torture. maybe when you get to 200 sales you can treat yourself to one of these. if not, just say the word & i'll come build you one. however, it may not be "to code" ... :)

by the way, my in-laws' neighbors bought a small cottage at costco a few years ago. it's like a life-size playhouse with a little front porch, etc. [big enough that an adult can stand up in it] they even hired someone to put electricity in it ... she said it was the best money they ever spent! [they have 6 kids in an old 3 bedroom house] she thinks she paid $1500 for it ... MUCH cheaper than an addition!!!!

Robert Mahar said...

That thatched roof cottage is amazing - thanks for sharing!