10.27.2010

*going custom*

{having so much time to think about little c's room has been good and bad. the good part is that i have plenty of time to research and make a good decision on the products we purchase for little c. the bad part...i am finding way too many products and it's so hard to choose. the one thing that i have figured out...finally..is that i just can't fall in love with a bedding set for either gender. there are some that i like...but none that i have to have for little c. so i finally decided..we should go custom. we don't need the quilt or some of the other extra items they give you like the diaper holder etc. i want it kept simple. a crib skirt and a bumper pad. so i went on spoonflower to look for some unique fabrics...i've started saving the ones that i like..hopefully when we get a referral..we'll be able to narrow it down more. i hope.}



{p.s. yesterday, we hit our 16th month waiting for a referral. it's crazy it's been that long. each month flies by. we are still waiting to hear back from our agency on where we are on the master list and what the average wait time is now. it's been a week and a half since we met with the director and our new social worker....it's amazing it's taken this long to get some simple answers. hopefully this week is a good informative week for us! we need it.}

11 comments:

b said...

i do hope this is an informative week too d! b.

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Love the 3rd swatch that looks like kites.
And I do hope you have some answers this week too!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Those fabrics are bea-utiful!

Yes, yes, some information is definitely needed/owed to you this week! I hope it comes today!

Kimberly and Ed said...

Love the fabric!!! I also hope you get some answers this week.

Kris said...

Beautiful fabric choices! I especially love the 3rd one down. Whatever you choose, your bedding will be fabulous. I'm excited you finally received some news this week, yay!!!

Grace said...

gorgeous! i love the yellows :)
what is taking so long?! i am so frustrated for you!!!

Colleen said...

these are all really pretty. I love the 3rd one best too. :) And i am so happy that you got some news!!!!

Krista said...

It is so hard to make a commitment to nursery fabric - took me a while. Now I wish I would have chosen something different - but I still have the little boy room to design - more decisions to make!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I'm so happy you have finally gotten some news! Bedding was really hard for us as well. I have a quilt still in need of edging actually [blushing]. I love spoonflower, I'm so excited to see what you do and get!

Lynn C said...

it's great to hear that you're on the master list-praying everyday for the little c referral, can't wait to see the pic soon.....

hear.t. and hue said...

fun fun fun! my faves are the 1st & 3rd!!! sooooo UNIQUE, fun design & GREAT COLORS! so neat! :)