5.09.2011

*not offically...yet*

{hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day either with your Mother or as a Mother! b and i had a relaxing weekend. it was gorgeous here, perfect weather. saturday, we spent the day shopping and of course we picked up items for Oliver. some clothes, bath toys and little animals on wheels. i have to say that every time we get to pick up something new for Oliver, it's so much more exciting and feels that much more real. finally, we are buying items for someone we know will be coming home and those items will be his. b and i have learned that our taste in clothes for Oliver is some times different. don't get me wrong..we like a lot of the same things but it's funny to hold something up that i personally think it's cute only to be told "uh..it's okay."...meaning uh no. this weekend we had one of those moments. i was not expecting b to have such an opinion on Oliver's clothes....i guess i really didn't think he would? since i'm usually the one helping b pick out his own clothes and i'm usually telling him..."uh..it's okay." it makes me smile thinking about it all. to know that b is picturing our little guy and has an idea on what he should wear...just makes my heart swell thinking of it.   

on sunday, we spent the day cleaning up the house, both in and out. we made time to just sit on the deck for an hour or two and enjoy the weather. b gave me the sweetest Mother's Day card (got a little misty eyed) along with a gift set of say yes to cucumbers. he knows i like new products. it was a sweet day. i can honestly say that i didn't feel like this holiday was for me yet.
my friend kelly said it perfectly in her comment on friday...
"I remember last year being in your position for Mother's Day and I have to say it felt a bit odd. We knew Max was our son but had never met him. But just remember you ARE a mother so celebrate yourself and next year you'll have that beautiful Oliver in your arms when you are celebrating."

she was right...i did feel a bit odd. we talked about our little guy a lot yesterday and we looked at his picture a lot. he's in our hearts and in our minds but not in our arms just yet. i agree...next year it will feel complete.}


8 comments:

JoJo said...

Happy Mother's Day! I was in a same spot 2 years ago, and it does feel funny...but kelly is right..celebrate cuz you are a mom!

b said...

it was a really great weekend d, and i am glad to surprise you when it comes to oliver's clothes!! b.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

It's funny... I totally consider you a Mommy! I almost posted on your wall yesterday to that effect... but then I thought it might be painful for you so I didn't. But you are a Mama - for sure! So I hope you had a wonderful day!

Kortney said...

My DH gave me a Mother's Day card, too. It felt very odd-I know I'm a mom, but I've never met my son. I hope that C is home next year in time for Mother's Day. With the new quota limit I'm worried about this coming true, but I'm praying it does!

Colleen said...

it sounds like you and b had a lovely weekend. and i so know what you mean about the clothes as i pick out alot of glenn's too....and he has had moments of having his different opinions about noah's too. :)

kelly said...

That Kelly is a wise woman (wink, wink :) I'm glad you had a nice day for Mother's Day - it only gets better from here!

Kris said...

Ah, Kelly always knows the right words to say. It's so true. You are a mom and next year this holiday will be so different and amazing!

I got a kick out of picture you and b clothes shopping for Oliver:)

Grace said...

i agree with kelly, she *is* a wise woman ;) it *is* a little strange at this point, but you *are* a mommy and your little one will be in your arms to really celebrate next year!