4.05.2011

*after 21 months....*

{we can finally announce that we got our REFERRAL!!!}

{at 9:00 this morning...we will be seeing our SON for the first time.  i think we are still in shock. i can tell you that i am excited and nervous at the same time! we know nothing about him except that he is super cute and he resembles b. eeek!!! i'm soooo excited!!!}

{okay since we don't have any information to share about our son...do you want to hear how it all happened yesterday? i need to document this while it's still fresh before i forget it. lol. so here it goes...yesterday i went to the Beehive to stock my poor booth (as i mentioned in my monday post). i was there for a couple hours working and had put my purse in the back office along with my phone so i didn't have to worry about it. after i was done tagging everything and making sure it looked decent..i went to get my phone to take a picture (a habit of mine). i noticed that i had quite a few missed calls so i went to see who they were from...there were three missed calls from our agency! i thought no way...then i started to shake and though omg...is this it?? so i walked out side. my head was spinning, my hands were shaking. i tried for what felt like 10 minutes to get the agency's number and call it. i kept hitting the wrong buttons on my phone like e-mail and camera! i was getting so frustrated with myself. my hands wouldn't stop shaking. finally i got my phone to call our agency but then realized that i had no idea who to ask for. i knew our social worker was not there so i hung up. ha! i looked at my phone and noticed there was a message. so i listened to it and it was another gal from our agency saying she had some things to talk to me about. for a moment i thought it had something to do with our I-600 renewal which is set to expire on the 9th. i thought something might be wrong with the paperwork and there was a need for immediate action. so i dialed our agency and asked for the appropriate person. she answered (some of this is a blur to me) and i told her who i was and i believe she asked me if i was driving and i told her no that i was stocking my booth at the beehive. lol. she asked me to hold on. i could hear her putting me on speaker and my heart dropped. she told me the director and another lady was also on the line. they asked me a again if i was driving and i said no, i was outside. then they told me that they had our referral. i couldn't say anything. as they were cheering in the background and congratulating me...i was just sobbing. i was covering my face because i was outside the store and there was a whole lot of people around...walking past me, parking, staring...i remember saying that i couldn't stop crying. i apologized and they said they understood, we had waited a long time. they said that our baby was soo soo very cute. they had been waiting for this baby for us. this baby was perfect for us. they said that they had called b because they couldn't get a hold of me and that he had set up an appointment for us tomorrow morning at 9. i asked what we needed to do from here. they told me that b had asked them not to share any information with either of us so that we could be together when we hear about our baby. they said that if we wanted to know anything, we could call them back. they also told me that they asked b if he wanted to call to tell me about our referral and he said no. he told them that he knew i had been waiting a very long time for this call and would want to hear it from them. i told them i was dying to know the sex of our baby and would call b to talk to him. lol. so i called b right away. he asked me if i had talked to our agency and i said yes..we have a referral!! we talked a little bit more and i asked him if he wanted to know the sex. he said he thought it would be good if we got the news together. so i told him that i would respect his wishes and wait until our meeting. he asked me if i was going to call anyone or wait until tomorrow when we knew more. i said are you serious??!! (in a laughing/crying voice) i told him that i was going to call everyone i knew! ha! we said our goodbyes and i got into my car and started to drive home. i called my dad and left him a message to call me asap. i called my older sister and told her the news. then i tried my dad again, after talking to him for a couple minutes...i decided to call b back. i said b...i want to know if it's a girl or boy. he said ok. go ahead and call them back. i told him that i wanted him to tell me. so he called our agency and called me back. he said...It's a BOY!! we have a son! i cried again! told him that i loved him and said...we have a son b! after i got off the phone with him...i called my dad back and the rest of my family to share the news!}

{i have a son. there will be a little boy running around our household giggling and squealing. it's so hard to imagine.}

25 comments:

Stacee said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys! I've been following you for awhile and can't wait to hear more about your son!!!

Bridgette said...

Congratulations!!!! This is such awesome news!!!! Can't wait to bring our sons home!!!!

Alison said...

Congrats, crying with tears of joy and I have never even met you. So thrilled that your prayers have been answered. Can't wait to hear more on your precious little boy!

carla felix said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! I too have been following for a while now and I'm so glad this day is finally here! Can't wait to see him :)

Karen said...

I am in tears after reading this. Great post--love all the details. Looking forward to hearing more about your son--and seeing you all together soon. Xoxo

Jaclyn said...

Wow that brought tears to my eyes. Everything you are feeling I know because I just went through it in February. I am so happy for you. Congratulations and enjoy this moment. You have a son!

sue said...

i'm so glad you posted your phone call story! i love referral stories, they are the best! and yours is awesome!

when i told blake last night about your referral, he said that he had never been happier for someone else to get their referral! we can't wait to hear more about *your* son!!!

Danielle Goates said...

What a blessing! I cried reading this! HAPPY TIMES!!!!! Thank you for sharing your journey :)

kelly said...

Oh, I just loved hearing all the details! I can still hear the emotions in your words so clearly. WHAT A DAY! and today is going to be even better when you see that photo!!!

Jodi B. said...

I have enjoyed following your journey and are so very thrilled at the news - I too squeeled with excitement! Congratulations! Keep us posted every step of the way - can't wait to see that referral picture!

hear.t. and hue said...

so so so happy you typed all that out - because although it was a blur, you can type out your blur so clearly! and as kelly said above - your emotions are in there, which is icing on the cake. what a special day, special story. love all the details. :D love you friend & am so happy this moment has ARRIVED. XOXOXO

emily said...

i have read your blog for awhile now....i found you after buying some of your adorable shirts for my son from your esty shop. i have never commented as we had alot of struggles having a baby of our own. there doesn't seem to be words to help ease the pain especially from a complete stranger. but i have shed tears today for you & your husband & can tell you from experience that this news makes it worth all the waiting & lonely times.

i have no doubt that you all will give this child, your son, an amazing & loving home. congratulations.

Kris said...

This post is wonderful!!! I love hearing all the details again. I'm so, so, SO excited for you my dear friend!!! I'm counting down the days till I get to congratulate you in person!

Krista said...

Once again Congratulations Dana and Ben! I'm all teary here too! Can't wait to hear all about YOUR SON!!
(and now you really can start that nursery!)

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

I am thrilled thrilled thrilled for you!!!!

Congratulations. I'm so honored to be following along with your journey.

cm

corie said...

congratulations b & d! rob told me that you found out yesterday at work. we are so excited for you all that you got the referral and that it's a boy! maybe he will be close to thomas' age.

Kara said...

Hi there,

I don't really know you, but I'm friends with Kris and Sue, and recently heard about your long wait. I am so happy that you finally got your referral, and am sure your son is the perfect match for you. Congratulations. There is absolutely nothing like the feeling of referral day.

Kara

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

{I've tried many times to comment on this post today... and each time *I* start crying and shaking. Then I can't see the screen, it's a vicious cycle!}

Dana and Ben, I'm beyond thrilled for you both. I WILL be tackling you in Chicago for sure now. And I think I'm actually more excited for your referral than I was for ours. :-)

WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Colleen said...

oh, dana! i'm so happy you shared this story! i was filling up with tears reading every single detail! i just can't say enough how so very happy i am for you. i thought of you 100 times today and how you must be feeling. you and b deserve this more than anyone i know! You're a mama!!!!!!!!

Michael K. said...

sounds like there are a lot more plum tree boys items on the horizon!!! congratulations you two.......

Atlanta Modern said...

That is wonderful news! I met you and your husband at I.C.E. several years ago (gosh, Centennial Park?) and have followed your story since then! SO happy for the 3 of you! I hope he loves his fattycakes robot and I hope to see you at a show soon with new baby!!!!

Amazing news!
xoxo
Jordan
(fattycakes handmade)

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

tears.
I am so happy for you and B.
And your little guy and Jack will be the same age!
I hope one day we will be able to visit and have 3 little boys running around :)
Hugs and cheers!

Grace said...

i was seriously beaming after hearing from you! i can't stop smiling for you and ben!!! SO happy for you -- SO happy! and i agree with sue, this is an amazing referral story -- so special!
yaaaaaaaaaaay!!! congrats again!

Sue said...

love hearing how it all went down!!
"IT'S A BOY!!!"
:)

swisschard said...

Dana I cannot express how happy I am for you and B!!!!! Can't wait for out little ones to play together!!! Sending you LOTS of love :)