4.13.2009

*reliving the 80's...*

{...in a good way. growing up...i used to love anything that you put in your hair..scrunchies in the hundreds..whatever fabric we could get our hands on..we made a scrunchy....i loved the plastic barrettes in all the sizes and shapes....those rubber bands with the big colorful balls that clinked when you wrapped them around your pony tail...oh and don't forget one of my favorites!!}
These:
ribbon barrettes!!
the colors that you could get them in and the fact that you could make them for yourself and your friends was even better...well they are back and those of us that remember these will be thrilled to know that you can get them on etsy! no...you don't have to go and find all the materials to make them...Retro80s sells them on etsy!
she has a ton of different colors to choose from...

getting excited to buy some?? these would be perfect for birthday party giveaways...

check out her shop here...

6 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

I LOVED THESE, TOO! it's funny because you & i have soo many of the same memories being only 25 days apart! and being in the middle of 3 girls! :) my other favorite was 1 inch thick grosgrain ribbon that had my name paint-penned on and some matching flowers or some other decorative little touch. did you have any of those?

Dana said...

no i didn't...but one of my favorites back in the day was those plastic charm necklaces...did you have those? they were in the shape of a chain and then there were charms you could get like rollar skates, boom boxes..butterflies.etc...loved those!!..there were good things in the 80's...just really really bad fashion too. lol.

Aunt Sue said...

I made "gum wrapper" chains that looked just like these adorable hair clips, Dana! That goes waaay back. LOL

hear.t. and hue said...

i've made gum wrapper bracelets! :) i have a pink one made with bubble gum flavored carefree - i think it's still in my "memorabilia box". :)

by the way, dana ... my sister & i have RIBBON BARRETTES in the old easter pic i just put on my blog!

Liz said...

I had one of the plastic charm necklaces. My daughter now plays with it.

Dana, I am Jenni Sampson's little sis. And I love you tee's!

Jen said...

Liz and I also had these barretts.
I wanted them in every color and with the little beads on the ends.