7.26.2010

*a cREaTive package*

{i got the sweetest packages in the mail...they were both from my good friend rachel!}

{she sent me two very special packages for our baby shower! she tried to come and surprise me in Indiana...but it didn't work out. so she mailed a gift and then had another one sent to our house. little did she know that they both arrived on the same day!} 

{the first package i opened was from a sweet etsy shop who had wrapped the gift in red, white and blue wrapping and added a sweet little card letting me know it was from rachel...}

{inside the tissue wrapping was the cutest little artist smock!! to be honest i hadn't really given much thought into doing art projects with our little one...let alone projects he or she would have with their dad....but when i held this little smock in my hand...my first thoughts were of my husband. when he was little he used to LOVE to color. he was so good at it...that he actually won a bunch of local coloring contests. later in high school art classes...he  would paint with watercolors and even created some pottery (that i still have) for me!
this wasn't all...this smock went along with another package....}


{the next package had the sweetest little sticker...as you can see. i love those postage stickers! inside the neatly packaged tupperware container was the most essential items to be as cREaTive as possible! this was the best gift...some thing we won't be able to use until little c is older...but a gift that will be used for a very very long time..i only hope that little c will love to craft and create as much as his mom and dad did (and still do)!}


{we love love love our gifts rachel!! you are the best girl!!! we can not wait to see little c in his or her smock!! xoxox!}

6 comments:

Kris said...

What a sweet gift from a great friend. I love seeing how much Little C is loved already.

b said...

Yes, thanks for that an awesome gift and thanks d for thinking of me too! B.

b said...

Yes, thanks for that an awesome gift and thanks d for thinking of me too! B.

hear.t. and hue said...

you're so welcome & i'm so glad they came the same day! also ... those days will come sooner than you think! :) i remember the doctor asking me about how much "creativity" stuff we were doing with brett when he was a baby [just past 1 yr] & i said "uh ... none?" and the doc said to make sure he had opportunities to color & express himself creatively - put a crayon in his hand. didn't have to tell me twice. :) ha ha so now you're ready ... for when that day comes [it sneaks up on you, promise!]. p.s. those stickers are martha stewart [from walmart/craft section!] i <3 them, too!

Colleen said...

What a great gift! I am loving that little artist smock! My husband is an artist so I just may have to look for one of these for Noah. :)

cara said...

how did i miss this post? i knew this was coming! she really wanted to make it to your shower but it didnt work out. she told me what she had in mind and i thought it sounded perfect esp. from her! so glad that it came! good friends are a teasure and you have been blessed w/ so many (and rockin sisters too)