5.16.2011

*honeycomb*

{i can't tell you how many fabrics i looked through while searching for Oliver's bedding. b and i went to the fabric stores around town..picked up some samples but never really had that moment where we felt we had THE fabric. i ordered samples from various online fabric shops only to have them be put in the rejection pile. we tried to make a couple of samples work but felt we were just forcing them. i thought for sure i'd just have to just choose A fabric and not really be happy with it. until this week.}
{i got a call that Oliver's rug was in and that same day i got a package from Purl Soho. it just so happened to have THE fabric. as soon as i opened the package..i knew it. on friday, i picked up the rug and was very eager to make sure THE fabric was THE fabric. as soon as i laid the rug on the floor i knew the search was over. it was perfect. so our next step is picking paints for all the furniture pieces....}

6 comments:

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh. Looooovvvveeee. EEK!

Kara said...

I am in awe of your decorating talent. I'm sure O's room is going to be unbelievable. I already love the color scheme!

Bridgette said...

I love the fabric! So perfect and it looks awesome with the rug!

Grace said...

i cannot wait to see all these pieces come together!!!!

hear.t. and hue said...

LOVE IT!!! and i know what "the search" is like - where you can't tell what you WANT, but all you know is what you do not want. :) ha ha! that was me & the pillows for our basement. and it was tough because i, too, was playing off a striped rug & wanted CONTRAST [not more stripes]! anyway ... I LOVE THIS ALREADY DANA! my favorite is the touch of pink in the rug - reminds me of his touch of pink in his referral photo. it's PERFECT!

kelly said...

It was worth waiting for! (just like a little something that starts with O :) I LOVE the rug and that fabric you found is PERFECT. I can't wait to see his room come together!