11.28.2011

*from pumpkins to pinecones*

{Thanksgiving is over...just like that and now it's time to start focusing on Christmas...that's just how it works right? so how was your holiday? we had a really low key Thanksgiving which i'm a-ok with because i ended up getting a really fun head cold from work. i got it last weekend and it ended up taking a turn for the worst. luckily i got to the doctor the day before Thanksgiving to get some medicine. i did however manage to whip up this pumpkin bread (in my favorite bundt pan) for b.
i will admit, once Thanksgiving day was over, we did not waste time...our tree went up, the stockings were hung and we managed to get some gift shopping done. to be honest, i'm ready for Christmas to be here..not just because i adore this holiday, which i do, but it means that we are that much closer to the new year. you know..2012...and you know what 2012 means don't you? eeee...Oliver can hopefully come home! am i eager...you betcha i am! December will mark 8 months waiting for our son to come home and we are beyond anxious to have him in our arms finally. to be able to watch our son grow in front of our eyes instead of through a monthly picture is beyond exciting to me and b. i am however going to try and focus on all the fun activities that comes with the Christmas season. the first thing i did after all the decorations and shopping was order Oliver's stocking. i know he won't be home this year to use it but it was a stocking that i fell in love with earlier this month and had to have it this year. plus i was worried the store might not have it again next year. it's super cute, hopefully we get it next week so i can show it off! next up is b's Christmas party and uh...Christmas cards...what to do this year...hmmm.}


6 comments:

as said...

I'm so sorry you were sick for Thanksgiving, Dana.....we missed you and Ben!! We're counting the days with you until precious Oliver is home! Won't Christmas 2012 be fun!!! :-))) xoxo

Bridgette said...

That looks so yummy!! I love pumpkin bread and I also love my bunt pan!! Bunt pans always make me think of the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding! Have you seen it?? There is a funny scene about bunt pans! Ha Ha!

I love Christmas too!! I can't wait to see the stocking you chose for Oliver! Come on 2012 and come on Oliver!! I am praying for EP for you in early January!!!

sue said...

i'm so glad you got a stocking for oliver this year! i got one for thad last year and it ended up being really cathartic for me to have it hanging in our home. i hope the holidays fly by and your sweet little boy is in your arms soon!!!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I'm so sorry you were sick!!! Uhm, can I have that recipe?? I know a big lover of pumpkin bread here!!!

I can't wait for 2012 either... BIG happenings for you!

b said...

i had a great thanksgiving break with you my d, the tree looks great, the shopping experience was just ok compared to last year, and the pumpkin bread was awesome!!!

hear.t. and hue said...

LOVE both pumpkin bread & bundt pans. that's a PRETTY ONE! :) can't WAIT to see oliver's new stocking. so glad you ordered it ... just think, last year you didn't have a name & a face. so although time isn't moving as QUICKLY as you [& we] would like, i am happy you have an ADORABLE little boy named Oliver to think of this christmas!!!!!!!!