1.25.2012

*for a boy who loves books*

{a couple weeks ago, we received a belated Christmas gift for Oliver. since b and i went home for the holidays, Oliver's G.A.S (we chuckle every time at this...it's his Great Aunt Susie) couldn't give us his gift until we got back home (she lives a half an hour away from us). Oliver received three wonderful books from his g.a.s....the first book is now one of my favorite alphabet books. it's adorable and what i love about it is that it's all boy...take a look...}
{aren't the graphics great? wait...there is a bonus to this awesome book...the cover is an actual poster showcasing the whole alphabet...trust me if Oliver had an open wall space..this would be framed and hung in his room...}
{the other two books were Christmas related which now that i think about it...Oliver doesn't have any Christmas books..so these are his first! the second Christmas book brought me and b back to our childhood...wanna know how?}
{see the green sticker on the pine illustration? it's a scratch and sniff book! seriously...could it get any better? do you remember all the stickers that were scratch and sniff? mmmm...we do. i can't wait to share this book with Oliver and see his reaction. he-he...makes me smile thinking about it.}
{the last part of the gift was the icing on the cake...book plates with Oliver's name on them! they did not stay on the sheets long...as soon as i had a free moment, all of Oliver's special books got stickered.}

{thank you GAS!! we love you!!}

8 comments:

G*A*S said...

You are so welcome!! I can't wait for the day when Oliver's eyes light up and his smile extends from ear to ear while you and Ben read all the precious books he has on his bookshelf. Praying that day will be here soon! Love y'all, too!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh, I LOVE these books! LOVE! That first one just sings to the designer in me too...

Hmmm... bookplates...

April said...

Love that alphabet book! In fact, I've already found it on Amazon and it's in my shopping cart BUT it doesn't come with the poster so I may have to head to Barnes & Noble and see if I can find it. Griffin is a book lover too so I'm sure he'll think it's fabulous. Thank you dearest foster mom for reading to our boys! :)

Janet said...

Cute books. We have the scratch and sniff one...so fun!

Yvonne said...

that alphabet book looks awesome!

b said...

Yes, totally awesome books for Ollie, thanks so much G.A.S. for them!!

Krista said...

What great additions to O's library! I must find that scratch and sniff book - memories of s&s stickers...

kelly said...

So AWESOME! That alphabet book looks so cool. I love the graphics. The Sweet Smells of Christmas is vintage :) We bought it for Max last Christmas and he loves it. I totally love that he loves it because it brings back such sweet memories for me growing up with that scratch and sniff book. The book plates are ADORABLE. I remember having super cute ones when I was little. This makes me want to get some for Max ...