1.16.2012

*get it*

{so how was your weekend? ours went by pretty fast but it was a lot of fun.
we pretty much surrounded ourselves with friends both friday and saturday and then had a really relaxing easy day on sunday.
i love weekends like these.}

{so on saturday, my friend Bridgette and i were talking about all sorts of fun random things (don't you love conversations like that?) and she asked me if i was specific about the tea i drink. i told her that i do have favorites but i'm not one of those types of "tea" people that have to have the same tea over and over again. i'm always open to trying new ones. i do however have some teas that i like to buy and have on hand. i was telling her about this line of tea that b bought me last year for Valentines Day. i can't believe i haven't posted about it before...
it's called Be Well by The Red Tea Republic. it's an organic rooibos-based tea blend that is caffeine free (yay for me...for health reasons, i had to give up caffeine almost three years ago). there are 17 different teas to choose from in this collection, i've tried three (get happy, get passionate and get gorgeous) and i have to say..i love all three of them. they are really tasty. i usually drink them at night with a little agave nectar mixed in. yum-me! i would like to try some of the other ones like the get clean and get wellness..but i should probably finish the three tins i have right now.
so do you like tea and if so...do you have a favorite one?}


5 comments:

sue said...

i've been waiting to come back and comment on this post when i have time!

i'm a huge tea fan, too. i love jasmine pearls by todd and holland. i'm a big fan of british teas, but don't drink them as much as i used to. my old boss was british and really got me into tea and enjoying them without sugar. it took me a few years, but now i drink them black. i like to drink tea in the evening, so i need non caffeinated too.

on the opposite end of my kind of tea, blake drinks matcha and i do enjoy having a bowl every now and then. the caffeine in it is strong, but very pure in the kinds he buys, so i don't get all weird and shaky when i drink it! it does keep we awake though, so i usually have it in the morning.

i loved reading about the teas you love. i wish we lived closer and we could have a cup of afternoon tea together :).

Bridgette said...

I loved hearing about your favorites!! You inspired me so I bought this at Whole Foods today...http://www.bigelowtea.com/Assets/Products/largeImage/lg_01059.jpg

Can't wait to try it! :)

JoJo said...

So glad you had a good weekend! I'm a tea lover too, but will basically drink anything. I've been big on the tazo passion fruit and green mint. Lame, I know, but good :)

b said...

d, i am glad to have helped you start your tea collection....good thing another V-Day is coming up soon too...b

hear.t. and hue said...

that "some like it hot" print made me LOL!!!!! TOO FUNNY! love it! i just drink plain old lipton tea - w/ milk & sugar, sometimes honey! :) love tea!