1.04.2012

*lets talk clothes..*

{boys clothes. too many times..boys clothes are overlooked and girls clothes get all the attention. i know..because there are dresses and bows and tights and glitter and well you can easily get swept away in little girls clothes. i admit it..i did...before we decided to adopt. at the time, we were buying for our four nieces and had loads of friends who had daughters. it was easy to get sucked into all the pink and frilly-ness. i thought back then that buying for boys was boring...shirt and pants or shirt and shorts...borrrring. once b and i started our adoption process and knew that our chances of having a son where great...my outlook on boy's clothes changed. it even changed my vision for plum.tree. i started to see boys clothes differently. they weren't boring anymore. matter of fact...i felt that buying for boys was/is just as fun as buying for little girls. fast forward to this year...b and i have been buying for Oliver since the day we found out about him...and we haven't stopped. actually it's become quite addicting....
{and just to prove my point...these are the clothes that b and i picked
up for Oliver in November/December alone:
10 pairs of pants
3 puffy vests
2 hooded sweatshirts (this was me only...couldn't help myself)
2 long sleeved shirts and 1 striped tee}
{Ollie will have three pairs of cords to choose from...of course these are in different sizes so they can't be worn at once. we decided we'd spread them out...12-18m, 18-24m and 2t...
our little guy is...well little.}
{we admitted that we went a little crazy on the puffy vests....we bought the two pictured above while we were in Seattle (holla!)...they are different sizes so once he grows out of one...he will have a new one in a different color. the striped vest was something we could not resist. it says 80's all over it...being that we grew up in the 80's...we had to pick it up.}
{no little boy is complete without a cool pair of jeans...Oliver has a couple pairs already but who has just one pair of jeans? so we picked up more. oh and you are probably eyeing my solo purchase...the striped hoodie with some seriously awesome stitching. is it sad that i am super excited to see Ollie in this? the only thing we really have not bought for our son is...shoes! we have no idea how big or small his feet are and pictures are so deceiving...so we will wait until he's home. something that b and i love to buy but isn't pictured is...pjs. i think we both realized this past year just how cute and fun it was to shop for little pjs. so do you find shopping for boys fun or boring?}

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't believe how timely this is! I was only telling someone today how much trouble I am having buying clothes for our son, I am not enjoying it all. Anything smart or different is too expensive or really hard to find, and everything else is too boring! I can't find a coat anywhere (we are in summer here). I have no idea what size to buy as the last update we had was at 12 months and he is now 17 months. So everything is bought for a 2 year and I think they will be too big. I needed to be inspired - so thanks for posting this! I will try shopping again...

as said...

I can't wait to see Oliver in all these ADORABLE clothes!!!! Isn't buying for your son fun!!!

JoJo said...

I laughed when I saw 3 (!) puffy vests. But, I get it. You picked out super adorable stuff and I know Ollie will look great in it.
Boys clothes are getting way cuter, but there is just *less* of it. Most of G's stuff is Polo (thank you MIL) and Old Navy.

Jen said...

YES!! I have 2 boys, ages 10 and 7. (We're waiting for our almost 5 year old from Korea.) Can I just say that I 100% agree that shopping for boys is fun! I'm struggling now shopping for girls because it is far too much coordinating and organizing. Boy's clothes have style and can all be mix matched and when you add a great shoe, it pops! Do you know how many different pinks they are? You must shop for outfits, not pieces. I love shopping for boys. Cords are my favorite when they are little. ;) Congrats to you!!

Jaclyn said...

I love shopping for boys clothes, it is completely addicting.
All the items you picked look great but the striped hoodie had me at hello.
If you ever want another partner in crime let me know!

April said...

Wow! Ollie is hooked up! :) Super cute stuff too!

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Love all these cute clothes!

Yvonne said...

Boys clothes ARE fun, much simpler (and thus, go together so much easier) and there are a lot of cute things out there! So glad you are enjoying this part of getting ready for Ollie!

Bridgette said...

Oliver's clothes are so awesome!! Love the sneak peek into his closet! Love the puffy vests!! And the striped hoodie is adorable! So precious!

hear.t. and hue said...

SOOO CUTE! love the cords & the vests!!! :) he's going to be the BEST dressed little boy in GA, that is for sure. and i can't wait to see what kind of plum.tree things he inspires - i'm sure his personality & taste will start some new trends! :)

b said...

well d, it looks like we are definitely off to a great start with his threads...it will be fun to buy his shoes, hats, winter coats, etc. too!! b.

Uncle Bob said...

He's going to be the best dresed little guy in the ATL area! Love the puffy vests!!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Is it weird that I have a crush on that striped hoodie?! Adorable. Ollie is going to be one stylin' little man.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I love what you have here!!! LOVE!!! I'm in a clothes buying funk right now cause S is in a "messy" phase... but I'm so inspired to go out and shop til I drop now! I actually like shopping (or buying for boys better (always have) cause I am the farthest thing from "fru-fru" that you can be!

Krista said...

he is going to be one stylin kid! I laughed though when I saw the first picture - he has more stuff than I do!

Grama Lynn said...

simply awesome choice of clothes for our sweet Oliver-from the puffy vests to the striped one,sweats to the jeans,everything will look wonderful on him!!

Kathysue said...

Being a Mom of three sons I use to get so irritated when the boy dept. would be 1/3 the size of the girl dept. I love to pick out stuff for little guys and they now have so many cute clothes, but it is still not equitable. I have even found bloggers with daughters and sons, they will talk about the little girls parties and the little boys parties and activities are..... Oh by the way!! YOur little Oliver is such a beautiful little boy. I can see why you are getting so many cute things for him. Kathysue

Grace said...

love this! you know how much i love little boys clothes and you've got some awesome pieces there! i love, love, love that orange striped hoodie -- SO cute! and all the puffer vests! love!!

kelly said...

Couldn't agree more! I love boys clothes. I actually get annoyed with all the girls clothes out there being so pink and, well, girly-girl. Boys clothes are just so much cooler. That striped puffy vest with the hood - I'm dying. Where did you find it? I want one. For me. Oh, and Max. :)

preeti said...

very nice post, Parents these days worried about that which brand is good for their kids clothes.


Best Regards
Baby armani sale