1.31.2012

*stealing this idea*

{okay so maybe i shouldn't say "steal" because i'm not claiming it as my own idea...i'm just going to borrow it..sound better? so what the heck is the idea? well it's creating a photo album for every year..not the old fashion photo albums (above) like we (and our parents) used to create when we were younger but this type of photo album...more of a "year book" as young house love describes it. i think it's a brillant idea. i don't know about you...but having pictures on my computer or ebook that are filed into folders just doesn't do it for me. i know that once Oliver is home, we will be taking a ton more pictures and it would be so fun to see them complied into a book each year. i'm actually pretty excited to get this started...i know this year will be the first year to do a book like this....since he WILL be coming home. so how do you collect your pictures?}

{image above brings back memories of looking through all the old albums...source.}

9 comments:

as said...

This is such an awesome idea, Dana!!! Let the creative photo album begin!!

Bridgette said...

I LOVE this idea!!! :) I never know what to do with my pictures!! This would be such a great way to keep the best ones organized! Thanks for sharing!

b said...

if we start this process, then we will need to make a nice new place for all the photo albums to go, can you imagine having 5, 10, 15 of these? I look forward to them being filled with our family memories...b.

Jaclyn said...

I love this idea and have started a couple but need to complete them. They are time consuming but fun and a beautiful keepsake.

Amy said...

This is such a fabulous idea. Right now, our photos live on Flickr and Facebook, mainly, and in our computer of course. I also make albums with prints from all of our travels, because I like having those in a tangible format.

I could totally see us starting a yearbook in 2012!

Yvonne said...

I'm working on one of these for 2011 too but love the ideas from the link. The slimmer size is a huge plus, for sure!

Maria Goeden said...

I love it. And you don't have to wait for Ollie to make some books of previous years. I have been making small ones for each big vacation we've taken (malaysia, Spain and even a Minnesota roadtrip). I have also made a baptism one for a gift to our godson. And one of Mike's 30th birthday surprise party. The 5x7 and 8x8 are perfect for this. And since I have been keeping all my photos on shutterfly, that's where I've been making them. I can even share them digitally if you want ideas.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I'm such a mess with photos... Mine are displayed on digital frames, but I just got my Project 365 book and I gotta say... It's pretty nice to have a BOOK to flip through...

Krista said...

mine are a disaster... complete disaster. i miss the old days of film where you HAD to develop your pics to see them. that way i actually did something with them. working on a month by month and special events scrapbook pages... from last year... and Alex's life book -b ut so very far behind.