2.08.2012

*keep on...keeping on*

{i've been sitting at my computer for a little over an hour...thinking of what to say. there isn't any way to sugar coat my feelings any more...i can't. i'm worn out, worn thin and my tears flow very easily these days. i'm tired of being "on hold". b and i are ready for our family to finally be complete. to know who our son really is. we want our son home and there is nothing we can do about it...but wait.
this Sunday, Oliver turns 18 months old. it breaks my heart to know that he's learning, talking, walking, and passing milestones, ones we will never get back.
i'm beyond tired of being in the process.....
next month..it will be THREE years. THREE...very...long...years.  
the worst part is waiting for this EP process to start. of all the years...this year they chose not to start the process at the beginning of the year and each Monday we hold our breaths waiting for the news that it finally started only to be told...maybe next week. we have no idea where we stand in the EP "line-up". we know we are not in the first batch but just knowing that the process of him coming home has started will give us that ray of hope we so desperately need right now.}

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Dana, I'm so sorry this never-ending wait continues to get longer. It's just not fair - to you or to sweet Oliver. I think about you often and I'm hoping that you get that good news very, very soon.

Jaclyn said...

Dana- I can't believe this wait. I am so sorry your sweet family is having to deal with this. You and Oliver are on my mind often. I have to believe it will be soon.

b said...

d, one day this wait will all be over, and i so long for that day too. this has definitely been the most difficult thing to deal with in our entire 18 year relationship. one day it will get better, one day...b.

Uncle Bob said...

Oh, my sweet niece, you and Ben have been so patient through way too many delays. I cannot wait until Oliver is home, in your arms, and your hearts will be overflowing with happiness. Until then, allow yourself to cry, it does help! Here's a big cyber hug from your uncle..:)

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh Dana, I have no words. I'm SO SORRY that the wait has been so long for you. I can't even imagine... I really, really hope that the process starts flowing again so you can get that boy HOME!! (Hugs my friend.)

And yes, I agree with Uncle Bob... crying helps! Do it!

ASz said...

Brother, your words are my thoughts exactly. Soon, Oliver will be home and touching your lives forever, with many, many milestones for you to keep in your hearts. Love you, sweet niece!!

April said...

I'm so sorry, Dana! You are a much stronger woman than I. I'm praying, praying, praying that Oliver will be home soon.

Amy said...

I really believe that things will start moving next week. I do! You shouldn't have to sugar-coat your feelings, but every day is one day closer to the day you meet your son. It's coming, and soon. :)

Bridgette said...

Nothing but hugs! xoxo

Christy said...

This wait for EPs is to start is just salt in the wound. Praying for them to start soon! I'm very hopeful for next week, but often with hope comes disappointment. I want to guard myself from that, but I can't (and shouldn't) stop hope. Big hugs! He WILL be home soon!

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your wait is sooo long! I felt exactly the same as you when we were waiting for our EP. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but it will be worth the wait. Here's hoping they start the ball rolling again next week!!!

Krista said...

I'm so very sorry Dana... hugs hugs and more hugs!

hear.t. and hue said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo of ollie. seriously, could that face get any more precious??!?! i think not. crossing my fingers & saying a prayer for you guys ... and i hope the process gains momentum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let's go let's go!

Kara said...

Ugh. I'm so sorry Dana. I can't even imagine how you feel. THinking of you and saying prayers.