3.21.2012

*it's all mental*

{i realized this week that i have literally checked out. i can not focus on anything but Oliver. i think about him coming home ALL. THE. TIME.  i go to bed thinking about him, i wake up thinking about him. i think about what we want to get done before he gets home, what we need to do for him, what should i wear when i meet him...it's all about him. i've been waiting for this moment for a very very long time. mentally...i am not here. so i apologize in advance if my posts seem off or they become sporadic. my son is coming home and really...i don't care about anything else but that. in two weeks, it will be our one year referral anniversary...so i'm beyond ready for this day to finally be here. hope you all understand....and stick with me as i sit back and just enjoy my last part of waiting for Oliver.}

...by the way...is your neck of the woods blooming like mine? we've got wisteria, dogwoods and azaleas blooming every where. it's so beautiful...but i could do without the pollen..it's horrible and a mess! 
Happy (day late) Spring!

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Of course you can't concentrate on anything else!! I'm so excited for you :)

I'm loving all the color explosion right now too.

Kelly said...

I think your focus is right where it should be! How could it be anywhere else at this point, right?!

And yes, we're into full-blown spring as well - I love it, but for the allergies!

Bridgette said...

I think any mom would have their mind on their child at this point....you are so close to kissing those sweet cheeks, pinching his adorable little toes, and telling him how much you love him forever and ever!! Can't wait to see you and Oliver together! What a special day that will be!

P.S. This pollen is insane!!! I cleaned our patio table yesterday morning and in one hour it was completely yellow again!

kelly said...

I remember this feeling like it was yesterday! Not only was I completely checked out mentally, but I felt so scattered. I couldn't keep a thought in my head for more than 10 seconds. I couldn't focus on my to-do list. I'd start a very small project and then not finish. I was a mess! Your brain just can't handle doing anything else right now. Hopefully you will only have a few more days of feeling that way ... ;-)

Rach@In His Hands said...

Completely 100% understandable, friend!! This was SO me.

We're all here for you, cheering you on and oh, the celebration there will be when Oliver is in your arms!!