8.23.2010

*the versatile blogger*


So on Friday, I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award from Christine. She and I just "met" not too long ago via the blog world. She is fellow adoptive Mama who has one very photogenic son. We share a passion for fabrics and I just found out that she used to have a handmade bag business...something that I'm curious to learn more about. ;)

The Versatile Blogger Award works like this:

1) thank and talk about whoever gave you the award

2) share 7 facts about yourself

3) give the award to 7 other bloggers who rock!

Let's see...7 facts about me...this might be kind of hard since I really don't ever know what to tell people about myself...so here we go...

1. I am not the only one in my family who is crafty. My Grandma used to paint a lot and would sew up a storm. A couple of my aunts also sew (some paint as well) and when we were growing up, we received a couple handmade outfits. My Mom used to make dolls and do ceramics. My Dad is and has always been since I can remember into woodworking. I actually got one of his pieces two years ago.  My step mom is a master at sewing. She can pretty much do anything. She's the one who picked out my sewing machine for me.

2. I once designed kitchens that were over a quarter million dollars.

3. I love to exercise...just hate doing it alone. I dream of doing yoga on a regular basis...

4. I really can not stand making dinner. I don't know why but at the end of the day, I don't want to cook...maybe because I really don't like to cook. Luckily, my husband has started to get a little bit more into making dinner (which he's really good at) so it's something that I don't have to dread each day...or complain about...just a little. ;)

5. I clean when I'm mad...like scrubing on my knees clean. lol.

6.  I have to admit...I'm a Starbucks junkie. I actually have a gold card..no joke and I have a nickname for it.."Bucks".

7. The only radio station I listen to is NPR.

I'm choosing five friends...

1. Rachel

2. Kris

3. Colleen

4. Bridgette

5. Karen

9 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

NPR? really?!?!?! [i'm scrunching up my face, turning up my nose a little ...] :D ha ha and funny about dinner - i've gotten to be the same way. i LOVE to cook but just NEVER plan ahead ... so then it just doesn't get done. fun fun stuff!!!!!!! 'kay! 7 things ... comin' right up.

kelly said...

Great list! I love that you clean when you're mad :) I LOVE that bench your dad made, it's just gorgeous. I have to admit I also have a gold card (with my name on it) and I also call it 'bucks :)

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

What a fab list! I have a crafty family too... I wonder if it is a pre-requisite?! I love Starbucks as well... but my husband is the real junkie in this house! (I love to cook, but absolutely dread it at this point in my life...)

Rach@In His Hands said...

Mmm Starbucks. Good thing our Itty Bitty Town doesn't have one or I'd be broke. I have to wait til we run errands in the Big City to have my fix...and it's so.delish.

I clean when I'm upset, too. It helps when a little umph is needed - like scrubbing the tile grout!

Karen said...

ooooh, fun!

I hate making dinner, too, which is why Tanna does almost all of the cooking around here. He enjoys it, though. :o)

Colleen said...

Awww! Thanks for choosing me, Dana! This will be fun! :)

I would love to see a kitchen you designed! Sounds like a very cool job.
The bench your dad made is awesome! I would love to have a woodworker in the family. :)
¥eah, I hate cooking dinner too. Just not my idea of fun....at all. I'd rather just bake desserts and eat them instead. :)
And I too dream of doing yoga regularly again. ( but I hate exercise....with or without other people. :)

Bridgette said...

Yeah...fun! I have to agree with you that cleaning is a great stress relief!

New post...coming up!

Kris said...

Oh goodness, I'm so behind on posts. I loved this one! It was fun learning some new things about you!! We have a lot in common - I come from a crafty family too; I LOVE doing yoga; I love to have things clean because I can think better; and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE NPR.

We must meet someday:) Thanks for nominating me. I'll work on a post - hopefully I can get it up soon.

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Fun read.
I like NPR too. I used to listen to it exclusively, but now that I don't go anywhere I only get to catch up on podcasts. Have you heard of This American Life?