10.19.2010

*it's coming along..*

{we are slowly putting the Halloween/fall decorations out...i made this paper banner a week ago with some construction paper and my sewing machine. it added a splash of fall to my china cabinet. i've added wreaths to our doors and put out most of the decorations...but it's not feeling quite festive enough...} 

{seems like this year Halloween is much more of a holiday then just trick or treating and costumes..i so love all the great ideas and designs like these adorable cards/invites from rifle paper co. just adore the vintage feel of them. my google reader is overloaded with Halloween ideas, recipes and parties...
it has totally gotten me in the mood...}

{first off...how freaking fun is this monster lunch sack tutorial from alisa burke? it makes me laugh
it's so cute!}

{seriously...donuts and cider...oh i am in heaven! look at these too cute pumpkin balloons that simply seleta posted..they are from martha stewart.}

{i want to throw a halloween bash where the plates are filled with yummy goodies like these..sara's party perfect posted the rest of the pictures to this bash yesterday...take a look here..}

{okay...i would L-O-V-E to go to a Halloween wedding...anyone still needing to get hitched....the sweetest occasion posted about this elegant Halloween themed wedding...such a great idea!!}

{still needing a costume for your little one...hop on over to oh my. handmade goodness for their top 10 handmade costumes...}

{are you in the spirit yet? i am...if only we got trick or treaters...or had our own little trick or treater...all i know is...next year will be a blast!}

14 comments:

b said...

d, i agree, wish we had a fun halloween party to go to & get all dressed up! i will take some of those donuts too! b.

Kris said...

Oh yes, next year will be so much fun for you, b and little c!!! I'm excited for you.

Halloween is my favorite holiday (it's Jason's birthday too). I love everything about it! These links you posted make me want to throw a party. So much fun stuff!

Melissa Kelley said...

Hey, if you guys happen to be near Greenbrier, TN on 10/31--feel free to stop on by. The pumpkin carving contest starts at 2PM, then eating, & then trick-or0treating. I have my game face on for the pumpkin carving, so if you are up to the challange....hehehehe. I absolutely love this time of year and I love all of these wonderful ideas your posting--now I just have to call Julie or Cindy and tell them that's what THEY need to do--hehehe--I am so not crafty--hehehe. Regardless, if you get a wild hair, come on up and see us.
Melissa

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

This year with all the craziness I have yet to even come up with costumes for the boys.
We did carve a pumpkin Sunday though. I decided next year I will plan better and hope to decorate the house more festive-ly for each season.

knack said...

I love you banner that you made! so fun...

xo

Colleen said...

I'm so lame this year. my decorations are just pitiful. I have to save some of these ideas for next year!
I did find a recipe for some cool frankenstein cupcakes though. i just may make them for a kids party that noah was invited too. :)

I can't wait for this post next year when your little one is home! i get so excited for you just thinking about it!!!

sue said...

i'm totally stealing your paper banner idea! did you use craft punches for the circles or just pinking shears? i just bought some construction paper today and i think this might be what cohen and i work on this afternoon! he'll love it.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I love these tidbits! We've gone with a "fall" decorating theme since the house is on the market, so I'm still kind of not in the mood... although I am tearing my way through the halloween candy!

Oh, and I have a little somethin' somethin' up my sleeve for Halloween too!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

PS - MUST.FIND.MORE.TIME.TO.CRAFT.

Krista said...

LOVE the banner! And all the other halloween ideas rock!

Grace said...

oh man, now you got me thinking about doughnuts! and cider!
you are so talented, dana! that banner is awesome!
and love the new background pic with the bibs :)

Rach@In His Hands said...

Fall decorating is such a joy! Your banner is super-duper cute. I may need to make one!

Lynn C said...

I do love all your pictures and ideas- especially without having to do all of the research-THANKS

hear.t. and hue said...

caaaa-UTE photos!!!!!!! love your fun & spunky little banner!