5.25.2011

*second care package*

{so this week we are sending out Oliver Yu-hyeon's second care package. we included a couple special things in this package for Oliver's foster family.}
{a couple weeks ago, i e-mailed my friend julie and asked her if she would be willing to make me a couple of her amazing potholders. last year for my birthday, she had made me some in various colors and they are the only potholders i use. my absolute favorite! being the great friend that she is...i had three beautiful green and blue potholders on my doorstep in a blink of an eye. i also decided to include some handmade tea from my friend brandi and two atlanta/decatur post cards. b picked up some huge godiva chocolate bars...so glad these are going in the care package...they are way too tempting!}
{in the last package, we sent Oliver a little stuffed fish that he could play with in the tub. this time we decided to send him a little stuffed dog. since he will be coming home to two dogs, we thought it would be appropriate that he have one ahead of time. this one above is actually a minature version of the pottery barn dog Oliver got from my aunt susie...}
{which is in Oliver's room right now and will be here for him when he gets home.}

8 comments:

JoJo said...

Oh how I love care package posts! They are gonna love it all.
I know I'm not Ollie or his foster mother, but where are my postcards? They don't have to be fancy like that, but I have zero from Decatur...just sayin'.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I love the care package! I had some witty comment lined up... but then I saw JoJo's comment and I'm too busy giggling away here...

b said...

i can't wait for oliver to get his mini-frankie dog & for him to come HOME!!! b.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Oh, JoJ0. You just can't get enough of those postcards can you!?! :-) ;-)

Perfect care package for your Ollie and his foster fam, Dana!

Grace said...

haha, jojo! love her!
i love all these items and the thought and care you put into them is so evident! your boy and his foster family are going to love everything :)

hear.t. and hue said...

DARLING! and what sweet, sweet gifts for his foster family. all of it is so well thought out ... can't wait for him to get it. :)

Krista said...

They are going to love everything!
(alex has those keys and he loved them - I'm sure Oliver will too)

kelly said...

Another GREAT care package, Dana!! So nice to have gifts that were hand-crafted by friends, too. Just lovely. Oh and Joanna, you make me laugh. Guess what? I sent you a postcard TODAY, my friend.