1.12.2012

*forward thinking*

{lots of thinking going on these days...don't worry this is not a "poor me" post...i've just been thinking about my boy and what life will be like as a mother of a son. both of my sisters have girls...my older sister has three and my younger sister has two. they won't be able to relate in a "boy stuff" way...and that's okay. i know i'll still be able to lean on them for parenting advice...but i'm excited for the unknown. like this image above, i look forward to witnessing the serious side of Oliver, the goofy side, the explorer side and all the other sides. i look forward to the world of trucks, trains, super heroes and heavens to Betsy...bugs. i think i've embraced the fact that i will be a mother to a little boy. i've really gotten into all things boys as you can see from this post..i have no problem shopping for boy clothes. i know there will be ups and downs...but i am excited about learning who our little guy is.}


10 comments:

AS said...

There is just something about little (and BIG) boys that I love. You're going to be a wonderful mama! It already shows...

Jaclyn said...

Dana, boys are incredibly fun!! I have two nephews and now Mason and I seriously would not know what to do with a girl. Boys can be all boy one moment and then so sweet the next. You have so much fun ahead of you, I just can't wait for Ollie to come home!

cara said...

can you imagine oliver w/ all of his girls cousins as the only boy? he will be spoiled! i can see him running away from kisses from 3 little girls in particular!
and just for the records - girls like bugs too :)

kelly said...

Those photos are so funny! You are in for a wild ride with your boy - but personally I wouldn't have it any other way. Boys rock.

b said...

d, you are & will continue to be the most spectacular mom for our son Ollie...as lucky as we are to have him, he is equally lucky to have you too!!! b.

Grama Lynn said...

I agree,spectacular mom and dad,two of the most beautiful people plus Oliver,in my world,best is yet to come!!

Krista said...

boys are so much fun! you are going to love it!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

You are going to love having a son! And I am going to love watching you Mama a son!

Michael K. said...

i saw this book and it made me think of you....

http://www.amazon.com/How-You-Tuck-Superhero-Delightful/dp/080073372X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326862756&sr=1-1

hear.t. and hue said...

oh dana - this is so sweet, it gave me chills! you are such a sweet & thoughtful mom to daydream all this. and one day oliver will read all this & see not just the amount of time you had to wait for him, but how you dreamed & longed for him the whole time.