6.24.2013

the big 13...

 
does anyone every say that about 13? probably not....
 
today, b and i celebrate 13 years being married.
everyone always said that life would pass you by in a blink of an eye
and i never took that saying for granted because it's true.
 
i feel like our wedding wasn't 13 years ago but maybe 3 or 4. i remember all the details of that day, the music, the people, the dancing (oh the fun we had!)
..and the emotions. 
 
i remember feeling ecstatic that day, to the point my dad told me to slow down when walking me down the isle. i probably would have ran if it weren't for dad.
i was in love with b, like over the moon in love with him.
 i remember thinking it was finally happening after 7 years of waiting.
 
i was finally going to be his.
 
so much has changed in these past 13 years...including my love for my husband.
 
 today, my love is deeper then i ever knew it could be possible.
 
really, it's hard to describe.
 
he's my everything.
 
i don't know what i did to deserve a person who couldn't be more perfect for me.  
 
i'm beyond blessed to have this special man.
 
thank you god.
 
thank you.
 
 
and Happy Anniversary my b, my love.

2 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

SO sweet. have chills from my head to my toes. happy anniversary to you & ben!!!!!!!!!!!! xo

b said...

d, you took the words right out of my mouth, i thank God every day for you and i don't know what i did to be blessed with the perfect girl for me! happy, happy anniversary my love!! b.