8.20.2013

small house updates

you may remember from this post, our master bathroom had no knobs on the vanity but i had found ones that i liked.  
 
well i ordered them and they arrived just in time for my younger sister's visit.
  
 
 
i am very happy with how they look.
 this bathroom is very bland right now...and borderline boring. i need art, accessories and a graphic rug for the floor. also i know down the road..these white walls are going to get a coat of color.
all that would make this space a much more interesting bathroom.
 
oh look...i did find a toothbrush holder. it's kind of big but it really doesn't bother me.
we typically store our toothpaste with our toothbrushes so it works out.
i picked it up at our local Target. it's part of the Nate Berkus line.
 
during that same trip, i picked up this hand soap and man...this smells so
good. it makes me want to wash my hands all the time. i seriously am in love with this scent!
 if they made a perfume out of it..i'd be first in line.
love it.
 
Oliver's bath got a set of knobs too!
 they are super simple flat black knobs. 
i really love the style.
 
 
 
same thing goes with O's bathroom...he's in need of artwork, accessories and a rug.
i got this print last year from a local craft show and i just finally framed it this past week.
it's going to go in O's bathroom. i love this artist and wish i could get more of her work...but unfortunately her site doesn't have a link to a shop.
 
this is the stool that O sits on every day to brush his teeth...you can see him in action
.
.
.
here.
 
just a little selfie...i've been thinking about cutting my hair AGAIN.
i know..it never stops does it?
i got it cut back in May (?) and it's already long again.
when my sister was here, she suggested i get it cut

this short again. this picture is from 3 years ago this October...i think there is a
pattern going on here..."cut hair off in fall..grow out for summer."

i am still thinking about it...maybe i will wait until October to make up my mind.
;)
 
 

6 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Gosh I love both sets of knobs you chose. The black ones are unique and gorgeous.

You'd look pretty with short or long hair!! (i will say short hair in summer has been really nice)

Stephanie said...

How are you liking the honed black granite? I read that a lot of people don't like it because it stains easily, are you finding that true? Are you finding that you are always having to wipe down the counter tops? I was thinking about doing it but wanted to hear your feedback. Love following your updates, you have great taste!

Unknown said...

Love the hardware you picked. I am also thinking of a major chop come fall. Also thinking of going darker.

Dana said...

Stephanie - Thank you for your sweet comments! As for our granite, I love it but I will say, I do wipe my counters down all the time. I knew I would be doing this though, black granite does show more water spots then other granites. As for the staining, I have not experienced any staining. I am sure people with lighter honed granite tops are more proned to this.

Anonymous said...

Trying this again. Not sure I did it correctly the first time. Did you paint your hinges or buy them white?

Dana said...

They are the original hinges painted BM White Dove. They are a full overlay hinge that is hard to find so painting was really the only option at the time.