4.23.2014

Project D finishes

I realized recently that I haven't shared much information on the projects that I have been working on. I thought I would share the final finishes of a project that is going to start in the next couple weeks. I've been working on this project since late last year so I am really eager to see it come to life. :)

The scope of this project is a complete relocation of the kitchen (moving it from one end of the house to the other) and using the old kitchen space for a new master suite.   
In the kitchen, we are covering the walls with vertical ship lap, using a beautiful white apron front sink from Rohl and pairing it with a stainless Brizo bridge faucet. Schoolhouse lighting will be hung on either side of the custom hood and 5" wide decorative beams will be installed through out to give the ceiling some added interest. 

The walls and shaker style cabinetry will be painted BM Halo, the beams and trim will be BM White Dove. My client has a large collection of pottery that we are going to highlight in a 4' wide glass cabinet. We are going to have the interior painted a blue green color called BM Wythe Blue to give the kitchen  a little pop of color. For the countertops, my clients had different ideas on what they wanted. One wanted light, the other wanted dark so we are making them both happy by using light and dark counters. The perimeter cabinets in the kitchen and butler's pantry will get the Cambria Fieldstone and the island will be highlighted with the Cambria Torquay. 

The master suite is all about peace and tranquility so the bedroom walls will be painted a pale sky blue called BM Glass Slipper. My clients are ordering the Phoebe upholstered bed from Ballard in a nubby fabric called Trilby Basketweave Natural which will be framed by an existing arch window and new custom cabinetry painted in BM White Dove. In the bathroom, we are using 12 x 12 Calcutta Gold cut to 6 x 12 and laid at a running bond on the floors, Calcutta Gold hex will be used on the shower floors and a 4 x 8 white subway tile with a custom boader on the shower walls. The walls will be painted BM White Dove and the cabinetry will be the same as the kitchen, BM Halo. The countertops will be in the Cambria Torquay with a white undermount sink and brushed nickel faucet. 

As I mentioned before, I am eager to get this project started so hopefully in the next couple weeks, I will have progress pictures to share. 

No comments: