7.13.2010

*my first project....*

{...this month is finished!! i put together a tank dress for my niece, shiloh. it took me a little longer then i thought it would...because my machine didn't want to create a basting stitch for me...or maybe it was the user that couldn't figure it out? either way...i finally got the fabric to gather and once the skirt portion was completed...it was very easy. after i took this picture though, i felt the dress still needed something.}

{using the same fabric to create a ruffle (petal) effect, a covered button for the center and a pin on the back....voila...a flower that is movable or removable...dress the tank up or down....move it to the side or shoulder...how ever shiloh's mom wants it.}

{i'm excited that i get to see them soon (this week, in indiana), so hopefully i'll be able to see (and capture) little shiloh in her new dress. wish me luck, she's a very active little girl!}

7 comments:

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Oh so sweet. I want one for myself :)

b said...

Great job D, you need to make more, maybe even ones for yourself!! B.

cara said...

yeah!!! cant wait for v's

thenowies said...

these are going to sell like hotcakes in your shop! awesome stuff! let me know when you have time to make more ... i want matching ones for GG and Celia!

Colleen said...

Yay! I'm so glad to see what you did with that great fabric. LOVE IT!!!

Kris said...

Oh man, I LOVE it! It's so cute. Great job, now here's hoping you get a picture of her in it.

hear.t. and hue said...

DARLING DRESS for a PRECIOUS GIRL! she's going to look so unbelievably cute in that dress! LOVE the fabric! what a lucky girl to have an aunt like you! :) great job by the way! i know that even though you sew ... this was something new for you! :) and it looks AWESOME!