4.03.2012

*finally...Oliver's room*

{Oliver's room...is finally...done! b and i have been preparing his room for over a year now and it's so good to say..it's ready. i want to forewarn you...i took a ton of photos...but please know i am no photographer so i apologize in advance! if you all are interested in sources...let me know and i would be happy to give them to you! enjoy...}

one of my favorite posters...i won it a long time ago...
an elephant coat hook made by my dad, Grandpa T and a skip hop lunch bag from Aunt Jenny and Aunt Cara.
in the corner is a vintage chair i bought awhile back but decided not to paint it. it's an old school chair.
hanging on O's closet is our diaper bag ready for the airport and next to the closet
is his empty toy chest...
we left it empty on purpose...extra storage space. ;) 
i had to show you his clothes...this is just a FEW...of Oliver's shirts oh and there is a peek at his special books.
here is Oliver's Easter basket and gifts...waiting for him to enjoy.
on his dresser is a giraffe coin bank we picked up a while back along with a vintage carousal ornament we found many years ago. on the wall is a world map i can't wait to show Oliver, a special tiger photograph by Sharon Montrose and a #3 we picked up at Anthropologie. by the way...the frames were left empty on purpose...i am waiting for our first family photo and a special photo from his foster family.
you might remember us trying to decide on which ceiling pendant to buy....
this is what we chose. i love it! it turned out to be the perfect pendant for his room.
here is Oliver's crib with a handmade bumper made by my friend Shana,
the rug is from dash &albert and the awesome truck is from my O's friend, Max.
inside his crib is the pillow i bought (again) a long time ago. i fell in love with it because it's the South Korean subway map. i bought the bear years ago in Nashville when i was Christmas shopping with my friend Julie. it made me cry because the bear's blanket says "together at last".  b and i have a love for the muppets...so we had to get Oliver a Kermit. we picked him up on our first trip to Disney World. the dog is a gift from O's great Aunt Susie (GAS) and the "Y" alphabet pillow was picked up at my last ICE show and it's for Oliver's Korean name..Yu-hyeon.
a very special blanket made by my talented friend, Julie and a view of my favorite piece of art...
here is a close up of a sweet little Korean stuffed bear wearing a hanbok.
 this was given to O by our sweet friend, Mary Lou who visited him last November.
O's reading corner.
the bird mobile that was a collaboration between O's Grandpa T (my dad), me and b. my dad cut all the pieces and then sent them to me. i painted them all and b did the final step, gluing them all together.
in Oliver's reading corner is a rocking chair that his Aunt Kristy had as a little girl and gave to O to enjoy. a comfy pillow handmade by my cousin Ally with a big "C" for our last name and a stuffed Pororo that our friends, Maggie and Frank purchased for us when they went last December to pick up their daughter. the little blanket over the rocker is something i bought last year from my friend Shanna.
a bucket full special stuffed items. let's see...the big lion in the back was given to me from b when we were in college, the white owl was a build a "bear" that b made with his parents last April when we found out about Oliver, the sock monkey was a gift we gave to our niece V one Christmas and she gave it to O to enjoy. the robot was bought last year, you can read about it here. we just picked up the alligator in the middle, the light colored bear is from my sweet friend Bridgette (it's the blanket version of the same bear I bought that's in his crib!) and the darker brown bear in the back is one of b's childhood stuffed animals called Boo. ;)
lots of special items...a book made by my amazing friends and family members (i promise to write about this!), a gold "O" block and a year of the tiger block, a yellow mustache painted by my talented friend Lindsay, the "Oliver" plaque is a Grace original. "You Are My Sunshine" print i picked up from Jessica Swift, my friend Kris just gave us this kil sook print (love it!) and i showed you this earlier...the framed bear charm.
the baskets hold O's toys, the shelves above are more toys and books to play with. the orange truck was made by my dad, O's Grandpa T. stuffed dear heads were a gift from my boss.
vintage airplane ornament and blocks b and i picked up ages ago.
and....a sweet little Korean board book picked up in Korea by our friends, Frank and Maggie.

17 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Oh sweet friend, I am swooning over this space for Oliver! Every detail is precious and fun - so many special things! You put much love into it and it shows.

I adore that bedtime print - maybe Si needs one?? :)

Karen said...

It is gorgeous! Oliver is going to love it. I love all your thoughtful details. You and Ben have such excellent taste. Love it all!

sue said...

It's lovely, Dana!!!! So many personal touches. The only thing it needs is Oliver!!!! I'm starting a tc chant!!!! Tc tc tc tc!!!!!

Jen said...

It is AMAZING! Every last thing! Good job, mama!! <3

April said...

I love it! I knew it would be perfect and it is! <3

Krista said...

Oh wow - it is so lovely and peaceful! I love how it seems like everything has a special meaning to it.

Grama Lynn said...

somewhere over the rainbow-DREAMS DO COME TRUE, Oliver's room is full of all the hopes and dreams of his mommy and daddy's love for their son!! Truly magical and fun and lovely is our little Oliver's room!!!!Amazing job mommy Dana and daddy Ben!!

Ashleigh said...

Its so beautiful and calming - Oliver is going to find such peace here with his new family. Congratulations! xx

Ashleigh
www.ashflynn.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

oh, i just love every inch of this room!!! dana, it is PERFECT! ollie is going to LOVE it and you are going to make so many sweet memories together in that room.
my favorite part is that it is filled with so many special details and trinkets and gifts from people that love you and your boy. when you are rocking your boy to sleep, you'll be able to feel the hugs and love from all those that have waited for that sweet boy to come home!!

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad you posted all the pictures you did because I love seeing all the details of this amazing, precious, and special room. It's wonderful! The stories you shared about each item makes it even more special - like big hugs from so many people who already love your son. Next photo - Oliver in his room!!!

Jaclyn said...

I'm so happy you put up pictures :) I seriously love everything. It is so beautiful and every piece is so thoughtful. I can't decide what I love best because it's all amazing. Oliver will love it!
Come home Oliver, your room is ready!

Bridgette said...

Oliver's room is just perfect! It is so obvious that it was designed with so much love!

Dizzy said...

Simply beautiful - so many thoughtful details and ready for all wonderful memories to come.

Dizzy said...

A beautiful room made with such thought and love, ready for all the wonderful memories to come.

Kelly said...

What a lovely room for a special boy! I love the special meanings behind so many things in his room. Now, I can't wait to see HIM in it! (I know, you can't either.)

kelly said...

I.am.speechless. This room is beautiful, unique, and filled with special treasures all with lovely stories. I so admire your sense of style, Dana. Oliver will absolutely adore his bedroom. Every single item was chosen with such love. This could be in a magazine, btw! And now I need to go order me a Seoul subway pillow from etsy!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I absolutely love this!!! Love love love!!! What a perfect room. It's truly amazing